Thursday, August 16, 2012

16. Watch Thor

I have a very hard time finding good movies on Netflix that I haven't already watched before. Especially a good action movie. So when I watched Thor the other night, I was crossing my fingers that it would turn out to be a good movie and it did.

My Rating: 4.5 stars
Netflix Rating: 4.1 stars

IMDb Plot Summary: The warrior Thor (Hemsworth) is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard by his father Odin (Hopkins) for his arrogance and sent to Earth to live among humans. Falling in love with scientist Jane Foster (Portman) teaches Thor much-needed lessons, and his new-found strength comes into play as a villain from his homeland sends dark forces toward Earth.

The movie was pretty good, but sometimes the plot was very predictable and the action scenes were not as intense as I had hoped they would be.

Favorite Character: Loki (Tom Hiddleston) is my favorite character only because he was the most interesting. You could never really figure out whether he was evil or not. Also, there was always more to his back story than thought.

Overall it's definitely a movie you should watch when you have a chance.

What did you think of the movie Thor?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I really liked Thor! :) For me, movies are always really predictable sometimes O_O But at first I really hated Thor because of his "I AM THE RULER BOW DOWN TO ME AND MY AWESOMENESS" and it's been a while since I watched this but I definitely see your points :) Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete